Tuesday, May 6, 2008

GF Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

My mother makes the best banana bread, and I really loved it growing up. So it has been very frustrating for me to try a lot of bad gluten free banana bread recipes. I finally decided to try and work from my mom's recipe to make a better banana bread. Then I found some great recipes on the web for chocolate, and chocolate chip banana breads. I can't remember exactly what recipes I used to mix together to make mine, but this is what I used today. It's not perfect, and I think I want to play around with adding a mix, but it was pretty good.

1/2 cup margarine, cut in little pieces
1/2 cup white sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
3 bananas, mashed
1 cup Featherlight
1/2 cup GF mix
1/2 tsp xanthan gum
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup sour cream
1/2 cup mini semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350. Spray a 9x5 loaf pan with cooking spray. Cream together margarine, sugar, and eggs. Stir in bananas and vanilla. Add xanthan gum, baking powder, baking soda and flours; mix well. Blend in sour cream and chocolate chips. Pour batter into prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for about an hour, checking for doneness at about 50 minutes.

No comments: